Considering the existing context of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Federation UPA O-L wishes to regularly inform members-producers about measures adopted and recent news that may impact them. This webpage is updated frequently.
Services to members
- Services to producers are maintained.
- The Federation’s doors in St-Eustache are closed until September 14th. Reopening will occur as the situation evolves. The services are available remotely (Accounting and Taxation; Employment Center; Democratic Life), by phone or e-mail. Producers are invited to communicate, preferably via e-mail, for follow-up on their files with the different services.
- You may also contact anyone directly at 450 472-0440.
- Rest assured that the Federation team is putting all the means in place to ensure that services are given to producers.
If you have documents to give us, please contact your specialist.
June 1, 2020
- Aid measures for enterprises: Detailed information about the various aid measures (in French) is available here. You can also view a summary grid by clicking here. To find out if you are eligible for one of the programs, please contact Accounting and Income Tax Services.
May 29, 2020
- INSPQ issues Preventative measures
The Institut national de santé publique du Québec (INSPQ) has published a series of preventative measures affecting our sector that should be put in place. Many other measures can be found on the INSPQ website (https://www.inspq.qc.ca/).
Pick your own
Kiosks and shops
Delivery and distribution points for food baskets
Grocery stores and other essential stores
Workers on produce and livestock farms
Veterinary care workers
- Employers and farm workers: You may consult the Agricarrieres websitefor important information and resources that are available.
- The Canadian Agricultural Human Resource Council has created a web page to share updated information, recommendations, advice on employee management, tools (posters, policies) and links towards authorities. That information aims at helping producers to react and limit the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on farm businesses.
- La Financière agricole is maintaining services to producers and offers support measures.
- The presence of computer viruses is likely to be more frequent during a crisis. It is therefore recommended to avoid unrecognized sites when looking for information on COVID-19. Official sites for Quebec and Canada are more appropriate: Canadian Government site; Quebec Government Site.
- Écoute agricole des Laurentides (ÉAL) is maintaining its rural social worker service. On the Facebook page of ÉAL: information clips to help producers cope with the stress created by the situation.
Q & A
- The Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAPAQ), the Financière agricole du Québec and the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST) have a Q & A section on their respective websites. If you cannot find an answer to your questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- To acces the MAPAQ website, click here
- To access the Financière agricole website, click here
- To access the CNESST website, click here
|May 28, 2020||May 22, 2020||May 14, 2020|
|May 7, 2020||May 1, 2020||April 28, 2020|
News from the UPA (confederation)
|Read letter to producers of June 4 (in French)|
|Consult the UPA COVID-19 section|
|Read UPA Newsletter of June 2 (in French)|